The goals of this module are
- to know what qualities a good leader has and
- to know the responsibilities of a leader.
Ideal Group size:
Up to 30
- Flip chart paper and marker pens, chalk board and chalk
- Background notes (page 11, Background notes document)
- 30 copies of the Hand outs (Page 9, Handouts documents) for all the children
Materials for download:
How it’s done
- Arrange seats in a circle and place flip chart paper where it will be seen by everyone in the circle. Write ‚Good Leader‘ at the top of a sheet of flip chart paper.
- Instruct children to think of a leader they admire (e.g. mother, community leader, celebrity, politician) and think of three qualities they believe makes them effective leaders.
- Allow approximately five minutes for this, then ask each person to share their thoughts. Record the qualities listed on the flip chart paper.
- Discuss the qualities that came out. Was anything surprising? What can we do to be effective leaders?
- Using the background notes/hand out add any of the qualities on the hand out to the list, if they were not brought out by the children. Explain what the qualities mean.