The goal of this module is
- to warm up and learn to keep a balance.
Ideal Group size:
Up to 30
- Boxing gloves (there is a variation of this game without gloves)
Materials for download:
How it’s done
Tip: It is important to try and match people up regarding their height in this game to make things a bit more fair
- Have all participants form a circle by holding hands and continuing to do so throughout the game. If there are a lot of participants, make two or three circles.
- Place two participants in the middle of the circle, each one with a glove on their jab hand. Standing on only one leg (dominant leg), the objective is to knock your opponent off balance by punching him/her with jab arm while only on one leg. If your other leg touches down at all during the game, you are considered out and must exit the circle.
- Whoever knocks down their opponent first stays in the middle and another opponent from the circle enters to play.
- If someone wins three times they are declared champion and retired to the outer circle after picking 2 people to make the next bout so that everyone gets a chance to play.