The goals of this module are
- to affirm the correct boxing stances and positioning and
- to learn how to take risks and go for the punch.
Ideal Group size:
Up to 30
- Can be done with gloves or no gloves (if done without gloves, make sure girls are careful not to scratch others with their nails or hit too hard with their hands or fists).
Materials for download:
How it’s done
- Tell everyone to get with a partner, face each other and get into boxing positions as if sparring.
- Tell each girl that she must try and touch/tag her partner on the shoulder, either with her fingertips or the glove.
- While trying to tag her partner’s shoulder, girls must also avoid being tagged by their partner through the various avoiding/defending techniques.
- Tell partners to count how many times they make a tag. The girls with the most tags made win.